EPDM Rubber Waterproofing Membrane
Rubber membrane is manufactured from synthetic EPDM rubber. The EPDM rubber membranes is a single-ply membrane that can be used for various applications such as waterproofing of basements, roofs/terraces, expansion joints, wet areas (toilet blocks), facades, etc. It is a single product that can be used for waterproofing most parts of a building. The EPDM rubber waterproofing membranes are techno-commercially much better than substitutes such as bitumen membranes, crystalline products, admixtures, various coatings, etc. The use of these products may be avoided in projects where EPDM rubber membranes are used. The EPDM waterproofing membranes are an excellent substitute to the torch-on membranes.
The EPDM rubber roofing membranes are manufactured in widths upto 6 meters (20 feet), thereby reducing the number of site joints. The thicknesses offered are from 0.8 mm (30 mil) to 6.0 mm (235 mil). All the EPDM rubber membranes manufacture by Polygomma are single-ply. This ensures uniform performance across the full thickness of the EPDM sheet, and also the chances of inter-ply blisters and delamination are zero. Inter-ply blisters and de-lamination are quite common in the conventional waterproofing product such as bitumen and torch-on membranes. Unlike the torch-on membrane the EPDM rubber membranes do not required to be applied with flames, torches and gases. Rather the EPDM rubber membranes are applied with a bonding adhesive, making the installation very easy and safe.
The large sizes of our rubber membrane make it easy for use in waterproofing of foundations, and large roofs. These rubber membranes can also be used in lining of various artificial water bodies such as canals, reservoirs, artificial lakes, fish hatcheries, industrial ponds, waste containment pits, etc. Basically these EPDM rubber membrane sheets can be used for waterproofing of almost all areas of a building from basement to roofs, and also can be used for lining of artificial water bodies and waste containment pits.
- Resistant to UV, Ozone, and air pollutants.
- Wide range of temperature resistance form -40°C to +160°C.
- Nearly millions of square meters of EPDM membrane have been installed on rooftops globally and they are known to have a service life of beyond 30 years.
- No torches or gas required during installation.
- Flame free and heat free installations.
- It is an environmentally and recyclable system.
- Lightweight: around 1.25Kgs/SQM.
- Single product for various areas such as basements, roofs, podiums/landscape areas, expansion joints, etc.
- Acts as an anti-root barrier. So they are idea for green roofs and landscape projects.
- Special grade of EPDM membrane are fire resistant.